Charleston Forge has a long history of hand-building beautiful, high quality, steel, wood, and leather furniture. We have an extensive catalog of products and do a large amount of custom work and have built product for retailers such as Room & Board, Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel and Bloomingdales, Starbucks, just to name a few.
We love our fans and customers. Here is a red hot heart from our forge.
Made in USA, means shipped from USA.
Happy New Year to our Charleston Forge family and customers!
We enjoyed our visits from Charley the Elf just before Christmas this past year. If you missed hearing about him, here are some of the funny photos we caught of Charley in the Charleston Forge factory and office.
Let's hope we see more of him next Christmas.
And we hope to see more of all of you in 2015! We will continue to provide to you our passion and what we do best...handcrafting beautiful quality furniture with the most personal customer service any Made in the USA company can offer.
Best wishes in the new year!
Meet Ernie, an artist of numerous talents and skills, who has worked with Charleston Forge for 27 years. This custom Davidson table is large and precise and will need Ernie's expertise and attention to detail. Ernie begins working on cutting and welding the table base and legs.
Our lead engineer and General Manager, Andy Beekman assists Ernie to check the frame (which is still warm from welding) against glass top and unpainted wood frame.
Ernie takes the frame back to his work station, as he notices some areas on the frame that need minor adjustments.
Next, Ernie adds the legs to the table top base.
Above: The completed and freshly painted Davidson table frame.
Ongoing quality control. (above) Plant Manager, David Kiker and engineer April Lyle check the wood base to the metal frame. At this point, the pieces must line up exactly in order to fit together.
(below) April and David ask Randy from shipping to lend his muscles to lift the glass top, which is extremely heavy and fragile.
The completed Custom Davidson Table prior to shipping.
- Legacy was designed by John Winer. John lives in Mountain City, Tennessee. He is a contributing designer and has worked for Charleston Forge for many years. Find out more about him in his biography blog, here.
- The legs of the Legacy are the thickest production part that we currently forge in our factory.
- The process of heating the legs so they are ready to forge takes at least as much energy as it takes an average car to drive 25 miles.
- They start out as 2" thick cold solid steel. They are heated and hammered to about a 1" taper. Our workers than reheat the legs and bend them into shape.
- Each steel wrap, like the ones you see Chad working with below, is 4 feet long. That is over 16 feet of steel to heat and wrap for each piece we make. Chad does a beautiful job. Enjoy these behind the scenes photos of Chad working on a table wrap.
- Winston Collection
- Limited Edition - CF Finds from Charleston Forge
- 2016 - April Market Introductions
- Starbucks - Peachtree
- GreatHorse Country Club - Hampden, Massachusetts
- Glass Top Options
- Norris Furniture & Interiors brings the Charleston Forge Edison Console home
- Interiors Magazine
- Tuscan Gold and Brushed Silver: Highlight on Finishes
- Charleston Forge - Hudson Collection