The Blue Ridge Mountains outside Boone, North Carolina.
The iconic Blue Ridge Parkway is seen snaking up to the Linn Cove Viaduct and Grandfather Mountain in the distance.
We are fortunate to work and live in a place as beautiful as the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. Known as the High Country, it is an area of remarkable natural beauty, and we don't take it, or the environment as a whole, for granted. To that end we strive to be good stewards of the land around us.
- We use recycled steel to create our furniture and we recycle any remaining scrap.
- Nearly all our wood comes from the surrounding Appalachian region, whose forests are certified by the USDA as growing at a rate of 2.9 trees for every one harvested.
- Our powder coat paint system is far more environmentally friendly than wet paint techniques, as it uses no harmful solvents.
- Our factory, offices, and forges are all heated using propane, which is nearly twice as efficient as natural gas and creates less pollution.
- Our on-demand packaging system minimizes cardboard waste by custom cutting each box.
- More than 90% of our suppliers are located within 100 miles of our factory, which helps minimize the impact of transportation of materials.